The ilHint function specifies implementation-specific hints.
- An enum indicating what behaviour of the library is to be controlled. The following values are accepted:
- Controls the memory used vs. speed tradeoff.
- Controls whether compression is used when saving images.
- The desired behaviour. The following values are accepted:
- Makes the target use a faster but more memory-intensive algorithm.
- Makes the target use less memory but a potentially slower algorithm.
- Specifies that OpenIL should use compression when saving, if possible.
- Specifies that OpenIL should never use compression when saving.
- The client does not have a preference.
ilHint lets the user control aspects of OpenIL's behaviour, in order to optimize either speed, memory, compression or quality, depending wholly on what the user desires.
IL_INVALID_ENUM - Either Target or Mode was an invalid enum.